Subject: IK fixed in release
From: Peter Bowmar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 11:14:10 +0800 (SST)

Hi. I was fooling around with IK in the pre-release, and it works OK, but 
you can't keyframe the null object! You have to go back and keyframe the 
objects, or hierarchy. If you're using bones, this is a painfully slow 
process. 

At SIGGRAPH, one of the demodrones was having to do the same on the Alpha 
(I assume pre-release) version. 

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the release versions? You HAVE to be 
able to keyframe an IK goal, or else what's the point? Anyone who uses a 
real IK package won't even look at it. And what I don't understand is, 
the code to do it can't be hard at all! Just have it update the IK every 
frame, and keyframe the null. Hell, it updates the IK in near real time 
now. 

Somebody, please tell me IK will be usable in the release version! It 
sure ain't now.

------------
Peter Bowmar
------------

--
Peter Bowmar <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]